At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We were delighted to be recognised in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2019’ including a placing within the Top 30 for London!
CFC Benefits include 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (plus dental and optical cashback benefit), life insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership, employee wellbeing programme (including on-site massages), 24/7 employee assistance programme and dress down Fridays. CFC social events include the summer party weekend, Halloween and Christmas parties.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London and backed by Lloyd’s, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Our Tech team is at the forefront of emerging technology with high penetration in the most dynamic territory globally, the US. You’ll be insuring progressive US & Israel based tech firms (where novel is the norm) from start-up to maturity in a highly developed regulatory landscape that is constantly evolving.
You will consider tech businesses insurance needs from a holistic perspective by writing multiple classes of insurance (E&O, Cyber, GL, Property, Excess & Umbrella.) You’ll take responsibility for all aspects of underwriting for renewal accounts as well as working to develop your own long-term broker relationships.
Whilst direct underwriting experience is not essential, you’ll have a keen interest in technology, and a willingness to develop your technical underwriting and business development skills to become a trusted advisor and respected specialist underwriter within the CFC Technology team.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Respond to and manage enquiries from brokers in a timely and professional manner, producing renewals quotations within agreed SLAs;
• Explain the features, advantages and benefits of technology products, coverage enhancements, support product launches and raise awareness of new and existing products;
• Assist the team to plan, prepare and deliver internal and external presentations on CFC products and key trends for technology exposures;
• Research with a mind to develop subject matter expertise in technology classes and investigate relevant legislation/regulation/compliance issues within our target markets;
• Support and contribute to team projects (e.g. enhancements to product offering, launch of new products, systems, policies and processes etc.);
• Contribute effectively to team performance standards and targets;
• Support the team with planning and executing business development trips and events, and over time, accompanying the team as appropriate to meet brokers and clients;
• Maintain and update the Technology renewal and prospect list in a timely manner and completing other team administrative tasks as required;
• Supporting the Team Leader to produce MI and reports as requested. You will assist the Team Leader in gathering and analysing information in order to assist the Team Lead in preparing reports and reporting information.
Skills & Ability
• You’re highly analytical – with the potential to apply logic and critical thinking to analyse complex risks;
• You have strong numeracy and communication skills (both verbal and written);
• You’re confident and self-driven and enjoy working to deadlines and targets;
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Above all you’re a team player!
Knowledge & Experience
• At least one year’s experience in the insurance industry, with a solid understanding of the Lloyd’s insurance market;
• Strong understanding or interest in the technology industry and sector
• Sound negotiation and presentation experience.
Education & qualifications
• Degree level education (2:1 or higher) preferred but not essential;
• Lloyd’s Introductory Exam or CII certification preferred but not essential.
Our core values
The information contained within this job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and
responsibilities of the role. The role holder may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. CFC
Underwriting Limited may at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as appropriate.