Argenta Group is headquartered in London and has two offices in Australia, employing over 200 people globally. We proud of our unique and rich history of trading in the Lloyd’s market, both as a Syndicate and Members Agency, and to be part of the Hannover Re Group. Our long standing workforce is our greatest asset; the expertise and knowledge they bring has resulted in our successful track record and continues to shape our future growth strategy.
About the role
• Working within the Marine & Energy team, you will ensure timely and accurate updates are made to the Syndicate’s Underwriting systems, as well as assisting the underwriters in other underwriting matters where required.
• You will be primarily responsible for assisting on the Marine & Energy portfolio, although you may occasionally be required to assist on the other teams within the department.
As the Underwriting Assistant, your key responsibilities will involve
• Maintaining all documentation in relation to the underwriting process to ensure it remains up to date and relevant for the classes of business written.
• Monitoring the business written by the Syndicate via open market.
• Assisting in the monitoring adherence to Lloyd’s Minimum Underwriting Standards for all managed syndicates in relation to Underwriting.
• Undertaking the preparation of appropriate management reports in a timely fashion in accordance with the Company and compliance requirements.
• Providing cover for other Assistants, as required.
• To assist the underwriting team in all administrative aspects of the placement of underwriting risks within the Marine & Energy team.
• Liaise with the placing broker throughout the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure receipt of all necessary documents and manage any credit control issues.
• Assist the Credit Control team in investigating outstanding premium, resolving queries and controlling aged debt.
• Undertake any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
• Working for a regulated Company, you will be expected to perform your duties to the highest of standards, in accordance with the following Conduct Rules as specified by the FCA:
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
• Highly organized, service quality and deadline oriented.
• Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise a busy workload.
• Be a good team player.
• Once taught, maintain a good working knowledge of processes and procedures in respect of Syndicate operations and appropriate reporting procedures.
• Once taught, demonstrate an understanding of Company, FCA, Lloyd’s and other Regulators’ compliance requirements.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels.
• Competent communication skills, both oral and written.
These five behaviours underpin our culture framework and sit at the heart of how we work at Argenta:
Supporting each other
Treat each other with dignity and respect, valuing our differences, so we can all be ourselves and achieve our goals.
Generating creative solutions
We do not settle for things that are not right; we do not walk by, we seek creative solutions.
Owning the delivery
We set clear objectives and deadlines; we are accountable and own the delivery end to end, knowing others will too.
High performing professionals, recognising the importance of wellbeing and balance in our lives.
Building longstanding relationships
Collaboration with our clients and those we work with is key; we work as a team to ensure the best outcomes
City of London
about 1 month ago