To provide prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and client facing teams
2. Role deliverables
• Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
• Initiate and keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
• Liaise with Account Executives / Client facing teams to ensure all relevant information is gathered in the preparation of market documentation (Renewals, Endorsements etc) and that it matches the client/markets requirements
• Develop and produce bespoke wordings for clients as well as developing other wording products as required
• Ensure agreed wording changes are incorporated within contracts as required
• Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
• Prepare accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies, slips, wordings clauses etc) in accordance with client and market needs. Provide suggestions as to how cover can be enhanced where appropriate?
• Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines, diarising as appropriate
• Liaise with appropriate teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
• Maintain accurate and concise e-files (FLEX) and workflow using appropriate corporate document management systems, as well as providing updates and progress reports to management when required
• Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
• Accurate and timely input and recording of data in all applicable systems, including processing of premium, submission of documentation for London Market with Xchanging and monitoring of signings where appropriate
• Liaise closely with other teams to ensure PPW's are met
• Perform quality control checks on all documentation (slips and wordings) prior to broking
• Review, monitor and provide resolution to technical questions from clients, markets, credit control, claims and the business unit, to ensure that the client’s best interests are maintained
• Undertake / authorise second pair of eyes checks at relevant stages of the placement process
• Maintenance of slip and contract through quote and placement process using automation or e-platforms as necessary (ie PPL)
• Organise and assist with wordings contracts reviews in conjunction with Specialist and or Client teams
• Facilitate in the creation of Endorsements / MTA where necessary
• Assist with resolution of contractual issues
• Provide support to tender presentations
• Undertake overseas / electronic marketing of risk where necessary
• Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of Miller, as set out in its policies and procedures, best practise, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls. Our policies and procedures are written to encapsulate the compliance, legal and financial crime related legislation and regulations which apply to Miller.
• Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at Miller, such as Lloyd’s byelaws and FCA rules.
• Promote Miller brand and values to enhance Miller’s reputation in the market
Quality and continuous improvement
Delivers routine work in line with agreed standards, with supervision.
Maintains accurate records, using relevant systems and business processes.
Pays attention to detail and corrects errors in own work.
Improves own work in response to feedback.
Planning and organising
Works in accordance with plans and priorities set by others, delivering to agreed deadlines.
Communicates progress regularly.
Follows business process.
Supports team projects as required.
Problem solving and decision making
Resolves basic, routine problems in line with policies and procedures.
Works with close supervision and escalates when unsure of course of action.
Gathers relevant information before making a decision.
Considers impact of decisions for the team.
Influencing, persuading and communicating with others
Gathers relevant information for the purpose of communication related to their work.
Considers the most suitable method of communication.
Writes accurately, clearly and concisely (using plain language, correct spelling and grammar).
Client servicing and account management
Provides clients with a prompt service and accurate, up to date information.
Works on accounts with limited complexity, with a high level of guidance.
Works with plans and resources managed by others.
Has a basic understanding of Miller’s products and services, the clients’ core business, and relevant markets.
4. Miller values
We do the right thing
Acts with integrity. Makes principled decisions. Gives clients honest advice, especially when it is not the easiest option.
Highly professional, treating clients, suppliers and colleagues with courtesy and respect. Acts in good faith with honesty and fairness at all times. Takes compliance seriously and is responsible and conscientious.
We work as one team
Works in a collaborative way for the benefit of clients. Is positive and accessible to other colleagues and can be trusted and relied upon. Client needs are the priority; works with colleagues to deliver a professional, consistent and integrated service.
We keep to our promises
Keeps promises to clients, markets and each other. Clear and honest about what they can do and does everything to deliver what they have promised.
5. Qualifications, knowledge and experience
A Levels (or equivalent)
CII qualification progress desirable
Knowledge and understanding of Lloyd's, London and international insurance
Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
Experience in a technical role within Lloyd's/London market insurance preferred
Experience in a processing, slip production, or undertaking renewals is highly desirable
City of London
18 days ago