As a leading specialist (re)insurance broking partnership, Miller is a recognised leader in our specialist fields. With offices in London, Ipswich, Bermuda, Brussels, Paris, Singapore and Switzerland, our network has increased to more than 750 colleagues.
We always act with integrity, make principled decisions, and give clients clear, honest and unbiased advice. We are extremely proud that by acting with integrity and making principled decisions, we have earned a reputation for keeping our promises to clients, markets and each other.
We have an exciting role within the Marine Transport Liability team. Focusing on a range of risks, predominately centered round the Ports & Terminals, Marine Liability and logistics industry. This is a great opportunity for someone to come into Miller and work in a small team, where there is the chance for exponential growth and career development. Within this role, you will be providing prompt, accurate and effective account management support directly to clients and business unit.
This team are in 3 days per week, with Mondays being optional. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate to join the business with the scope to quickly transition into a client facing role. This team is a team of 6 employees with exceptional margins, where the right candidate can join to really make a difference.
• Understand the clients’ business and risk management needs and support the delivery of those needs through the provision of ongoing service
• Keep track of impending renewals, gathering renewal information in good time to enable terms to be obtained and firm orders placed
• Preparation of market documentation in accordance with clients and market needs
• Support the creation of presentations for both new and existing clients
• Accurate and timely production of client documentation (Market Reform Contracts, Evidence of Cover, Policies etc)
• Ensure that market documentation is closed in a timely manner, making particular note of Premium Payment Warranty provisions and contract certainty deadlines and diarising as appropriate
• Liaise with technical teams to assist the delivery and processing of insurance placements
• Maintain accurate and concise placing files, using corporate document management system
• Liaise with compliance to ensure all procedures are followed
• Accurate and timely input of data in all applicable systems
• Perform quality control checks on all documentation
• Undergraduate degree at 2.1 (or above, or equivalent)
• UCAS score of 96 under the new UCAS tariff system (post-September 2017) or 240 under the old UCAS tariff systems (pre-September 2017)
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Able to pay close attention to detail
• Initiative, drive and enthusiasm to succeed
• Willingness to go the extra mile
• Results and service driven
• A team player
• Excellent knowledge of common IT systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel - and able to grasp new systems quickly
• Flexible and adaptable
• Organised and clear thinking
• Hard working and committed
• Skilled at influencing and negotiating
• Previous office work experience in any industry
• Experience in demonstrating excellent attention to detail
• Experience in a client or customer facing role, and of delivering excellent service with strong written and verbal communication
On top of a competitive salary we offer a fantastic benefits package including:
10% pension contribution from Miller. In addition, Miller will match any employee contributions up to 5%.
Private Medical Insurance
Medicare cash plan
Minimum of 25 days annual leave (with flexibility to buy more)
Critical Illness cover
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
** Miller is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and to creating an inclusive working environment for all.
Find out more
We encourage internal development within Miller and internal applications are welcome for this position. To have a confidential discussion about this role to find out if it would be the right career step for you, please contact Danielle Lawson
We also welcome referred applicants through our finder fee programme – details of which can be found in the finder’s fee procedure on Mint.