At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We are delighted to be recognised as a 3-Star world class employer by Best Companies to Work For in 2021 and amongst the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for in 2020 / 19, and the Top 50 London employers. CFC also ranked in Insurance Business UK as a Top Insurance Workplace (UK) for 2020.
Our benefits include 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dental & optical cashback), life insurance, income protection, pension plan, subsidised gym membership, up to 4 paid volunteering days annually, season ticket loan, employee assistance programme and dress for your day. We are committed to positive climate change and are proud to offset carbon emissions for all employees through a partnership with Ecologi that funds tree planting and carbon positive projects.
Our ‘CFC for Good’ programme includes an active calendar of charity, volunteering and D&I events for employees to be part of and attend. CFC social events (normally) include our staff summer party weekend, Halloween and December party.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy. Headquartered in London, with 470+ employees across our offices spanning the UK (London), US (New York and Austin), Europe (Belgium) and Australia (Brisbane); CFC serves 100,000+ businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We invest in the learning, development and growth of our people and enjoy a working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
Our underwriting assistants play a vital role in providing first class administrative support for the effective day to day running of our Technology underwriting team. As an underwriting assistant you’ll be providing dedicated support to underwriters on the US & Israel Technology team.
You’ll support the end to end underwriting process from logging and processing submissions on CFC’s underwriting system. You’ll work closely with CFC underwriters. You’ll develop a thorough understanding of CFC’s workflow processes and systems as well gaining exposure to insurance. A role as an underwriting assistant provides a great foundation for a career at CFC, with a number of our underwriters and underwriting team leaders starting their careers here!
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Providing excellent administrative support to the Technology underwriting team to ensure CFC can adhere to target turnaround times for our brokers and insureds;
• Managing the underwriting central inboxes and logging new and renewal submissions on CFC’s internal underwriting system;
• Processing New Business and Renewals documentation including policy schedules and invoicing
• Processing Mid Term Policy adjustments including endorsements and invoicing
• Preparing various activity reports and spreadsheets as directed;
• Administering the department diary, including chasing outstanding items such as subjectivities and renewal business;
• Answering incoming calls and fielding queries as appropriate;
• General ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Skills & Ability
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and turnaround times;
• Resilient and able to operate effectively and accurately under pressure;
• Excellent level of attention to detail including accurate written and numeracy skills;
• Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
• Good communications skills, courtesy and patience;
• Confident, energetic and assertive;
• Strong work ethic with a flexible attitude;
• Above all you’re a team player!
Knowledge & Experience
• Computer literacy with strong skills in Outlook, Word and particularly Excel;
• Experience within an office environment is helpful but not essential;
• A strong interest in developing a career in the insurance sector.
Education & qualifications
• Educated to at least A Level standard or higher with a view to studying towards CII certification