To support the Underwriting division through defined responsibilities, providing support within Underwriting Controls and utilise the Underwriting Authority granted, within the set parameters, and ensuring compliance with regulatory and Company standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor Coverholder Binders, Lineslips and Facilities ensuring that bordereaux/declarations are received and recorded in a timely and accurate fashion, EPI is monitored and reported to the sponsoring Underwriting Team.
- Produce standard reporting in support of SBF filing, reinsurance renewals, Starr business plan and other ad-hoc reports ensuring these are accurate and fit for purpose.
- Assist the Credit Control team in investigating outstanding premium, resolving queries and controlling aged debt.
- Oversee the work completed by members of the Central Support Unit by:
- Respond to queries within the defined Service Level Agreements;
- Assist in USM matching;
- Ensure all tasks are completed for month-end close; and
- Provide training where applicable.
- Ensure that all Underwriting files are complete and accurate. Obtain any outstanding items from the broker or underwriter.
- Ensure Peer Review, PBQA and Contract Certainty checks are completed.
- Liaise with brokers to follow up on outstanding quotes and/or renewals as directed by senior stakeholders.
- Ensure that signings are accurate and are consistent with written confirmations.
- Assist with, and drive forward, company projects as required.
- Undertake data entry in to the Underwriting Systems as requested by senior stakeholders.
- Support the underwriting team through utilising the agreed underwriting authority in a competent and consistent manner.
- Report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer immediately.
- Operate within the Company’s standards for Treating Customers Fairly.
- Manage any potential conflicts of interest to avoid disrepute to the company’s integrity.
- Advise Compliance of any complaints immediately.
- Accuracy of file construction;
- Commitment to furthering technical knowledge and understanding;
- Complete, timely and accurate TIDE, Eclipse and Salesforce records; and
- Complete, timely and accurate performance records, via Workday.