The Reinsurance Treaty Processing Technician is responsible for providing an efficient and effective Technical Processing service to the business whilst adhering to Regulatory, Risk and Compliance requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Adhere to company and regulatory policies, procedures together with mandatory training requirements.
- Assess incoming processing requests for completeness and take the appropriate actions.
- Complete Treaty Processing requests on Sequel Eclipse Broking accurately and within the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) agreed with the business.
- Produce accurate and complete client and market documentation.
- Process Lors entries (Lloyd’s Outwards Reinsurance System).
- Assess and process premium, claims and treaty.
- Maintain the status of processing requests within the SLA tracking tool.
- File relevant documentation electronically as per the agreed structures and standards.
- Undertake a Second Pair of Eyes Check ensuring all processing errors are highlighted to the relevant Premium Technician.
- Liaise with clients, underwriters, business units and Insurance Business Accounts (IBA) to resolve queries.
- Alert manager of deficiencies and suggested improvements in the teams processes, procedures and controls.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as and when required.
- Exhibit behaviours that are consistent with the shared values of the BMS Group.
- Proactively promote the benefits of BMS Group both internally and externally.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role undertaking Contract Load and Premium processing.
- An understanding of (Re)insurance.
- Knowledge of Sequel Eclipse Broking is advantageous.
Functional & Behavioural Competencies required:
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Good technical and industry knowledge.
- Ability to multi task and meet processing SLA’s / project deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships within and across the Group.
- Personally demonstrate the five BMS values and ensure that team members are aligned with these:
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder maybe required to carry out other duties at management’s discretion.