Charles Taylor is a global provider of professional services and technology solutions dedicated to enabling the global insurance market to do its business fundamentally better. Dating back to 1884, Charles Taylor now is currently in more than 120 locations spread across 30 countries in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Charles Taylor believes that it holds a distinctive position in its markets in that it is able to provide professional services and technology solutions in order to support every stage of the insurance lifecycle and every aspect of the insurance operating model. Charles Taylor serves a diversified blue-chip international customer base that includes national and international insurance companies, mutuals, captives, MGAs, Lloyd's syndicates and reinsurers, along with brokers, distributors and corporate insureds.
Charles Taylor has three distinct business areas – Claims Services, InsureTech and Insurance Management.
Charles Taylor was recently acquired by an investment company managed and controlled by Lovell Minnick Partners LLC. Lovell Minnick is a US Private Equity firm that invests in the global financial services industry, including related technology and business services companies, with a focus on helping to build long term value for clients, employees and shareholders.The acquisition will support the continuation of Charles Taylor's successful growth strategy, with a focus on expanding client relationships, broadening specialist capabilities and the range of services and technology solutions, deepening geographic coverage, and reinvesting in quality of service and technology.
For more information, please visit www.charlestaylor.com
To work towards becoming a qualified Average Adjuster by completing the examinations as set by the Association of Average Adjusters.The role of an Average Adjuster is to act as an independent expert intermediary, guiding parties in shipping accidents through the different stages of a claim.To identify and resolve areas of potential dispute using their expertise in the law and practice of general average and marine insurance, speeding up the claim settlement process and enhancing commercial relationships between the assured and the insurer.
1. To manage marine claims in accordance with principles of marine insurance and maritime law.
2. Correspondence and communication with shipowners, cargo interests, brokers, underwriters, surveyors, and lawyers, domestically and overseas.
3. Collating and interpreting documentation, including contracts and policies.
4. Researching technical and legal points.
5. Drafting advices, reports, claim adjustments and settlement recommendations.
6. Participation in the marketing efforts of the business
7. To carry out other tasks as directed, within the scope of their ability. Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
· Written and verbal communications to a high level
· Ability to analyse and understand significant quantities of technical and legal information
· Insurance and/or marine market experience is preferred but not essential
· Foreign language skills are preferred but not essential
· An undergraduate degree is preferred but not essential
Why join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.