As a Risk Analyst you will be responsible for day-to-day risk management processes that support delivery of the Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA), Risk and Control Assessment Framework, Internal Model Validation Framework, Risk Reporting and Governance processes for Atrium.
Key tasks will include:
• Support the ORSA processes and reporting
• Support maintenance and updates of the Risk and Control Registers, Loss Event Logs and Emerging Risks
• Assist with Internal Model Validation activities and reporting
• Assist with the effective operation of the Atrium risk governance processes including production of meeting papers and attending committees and taking minutes
• Support wider Risk Management projects and deliverables as required
• Support the Chief Risk Officer in ensuring Lloyd’s Minimum Standards are adhered to
• Support the process of ensuring Atrium’s Risk Appetites are observed
Risk Management Analyst Required Competencies:
• Execute work to a consistently high standard and in a timely manner.
• Offer feedback where you think things can be improved.
• Show initiative to explore and pursue opportunities.
• Be able to work independently and take responsibility.
• Question your approach and always seek improvements.
• Actively seek and listen to diverse views and opinions.
• Embrace feedback given to you and look to improve next time.
• Support colleagues in their efforts to succeed.
• Seek out opportunities to collaborate to improve outcomes.
• Recognise that we succeed and fail together, not separately.
• Be well prepared for conversations and meetings.
• Adapt quickly when things change.
• Keep acquiring and developing skills.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• This is an entry level position and so there is no formal work experience requirement; however, a desire and passion for risk management and the insurance industry is essential.
• Professional approach to all activities with dedication to meet deadlines.
• Numerate and able to work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Time management skills.
• Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office to produce reports.
• Excellent team-working and communication skills.
• Able to take responsibility for own actions and take initiative.
• Self-motivated and mature approach.
• Desire to keep acquiring and developing skills and learn from others.
• A-level mathematics and / or degree in a numerate subject.
• We will provide support to the job holder to complete the ACII, IRM or other relevant qualification.
Through structured management, able to take responsibility for own competence and address any requirements in a timely manner.