To support the Financial Lines underwriting teams through defined responsiblites. Provide support within underwriting controls and bridge the underwriting teams and Starr’s support functions.
• Work with the CUO and Financial Lines Underwriting teams to coordinate the Syndicate Business Forecast (SBF) and Starr Business Plan class of business narratives, strategies and plan.
• Work with the Financial Lines (FL) managers, Active Underwriter, FL Underwriting teams and IT on a continuous basis to review and monitor key underwriting controls such as Pre-Bind Quality Assurance (PBQA), Contract Certainty, Quality Assurance and Peer Review.
• Work with the FL CUO and FL Managers in the production of data and reports for the FL reinsurance treaty and FAC Wrap, presentations and any ad hoc reports.
• Work with the Financial Lines managers in the coordination and update of all underwriting and operational guidelines and manuals; liaising closely with all key stakeholders.
• Lead, and assist, with London Market developments including the tracking, and submission, of PPL data, TIDE and Future of Lloyd’s work-streams.
• Assist, and lead, system implementations/upgrades and change projects across the business including review, design and implementation.
• Work closely with the Underwriting Operations management team to provide oversight support, ensure SLAs are constantly met, assist with reporting requirements and coordinate training where required.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all Exception Reporting issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Support FL underwriters by providing claims loss runs for key accounts.
• Be responsible for producing and updating annual production tracker for all lines of FL. Track premium bookings against production reports.
• Ensure renewal accounts are ICE checked and cleared.
• Responsible for reviewing monthly claims movements reports.
• Ensure consistent processes are in place across all lines of FL.
• Support FL management and Underwriting Performance & Controls (UPC) team to maintain robust peer review process.
• Assist in producing, reviewing and analysing Management Information (MI) for the FL team.
• Work with the Credit Control team to investigate outstanding premium, resolving queries and controlling aged debt in line with credit control management processes.
• Assist the FL CUO, FL Managers and DA teams with tenders and business plans for binders and lineslips.
• Work with the Binder Management team and underwriters to ensure that all Binder, Lineslips and Facility information and files are complete and correct, assist with compliance requirements and other ad hoc
• Work with CUO and FL managers on marketing documents.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who has a few years’ experience in General Insurance or the London Market and is looking to progress in an analytical role. The role will provide support within underwriting controls and bridge the underwriting teams and Starr’s support functions. We are looking for a candidate who is highly numerate, has strong analytical skills and has experience using Excel and Power BI.
Starr are an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer first class training and development opportunities to all employees. Our aim is to grow our own talent and bring out the best in people.
For this role we are open to discussing flexible working options with the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times. Please discuss your requirements with us during the interview process and we will explore what’s possible for the role.