Purpose of Job:
The Business Insight (B.I.) Team is responsible for the design and delivery of BI and reporting that provide value and insight across the group. The team is responsible for providing reliable and fully controlled financial, regulatory and reporting into several areas, including Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Risk and Operations, meeting the quality standards required and enabling the business to make effective decisions and to meet its ongoing regulatory requirements.
The role will also include reporting for Ki, the first fully digital and algorithmically-driven Lloyd’s syndicate.
As a Business Insight Analyst, you will play a key role in shaping BI in Brit Insurance. You will be required to work closely with the business to understand their reporting needs and to design and build dashboards that provide the business with actionable insights. The role will require you to analyse, design, build, deliver and maintain these reporting solutions.
Insurance industry knowledge is essential to this role.
Budget and Headcount Information:
• No direct budget or headcount responsibility.
• Analyse the existing Brit business processes related to data-driven decision making and map business reporting requirements to self-service BI solutions.
• Translate requirements into engaging visualisation to be used in decision-making at all levels.
• Build robust Power BI dashboards that support both Brit’s strategic and tactical reporting objectives.
• Ensure consistency across the business by embedding the core definitions of key metrics and dimensions into the reporting solutions.
• Ensure all solutions are documented in line with departmental standards.
• Reconcile key data and reporting outputs within the Brit core systems.
• Provide industry insights, keeping abreast of changes or trends.
• Build good relationships with report users.
• Develop and deliver training on BI Reports to the business.
Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Reports to the BI Analyst Manager.
• Prioritisation of own deliverables, in conjunction with BI Analyst Manager and other key stakeholders.
• Plan and manage own work. Monitor delivery against scope and timescales.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills, Competencies and Experience
This will be an ideal role for someone who has previously worked as a Business Analyst but is looking to move into the BI and reporting area. This being focused not just on requirement gathering but the translation of these into high quality dashboards and visualisation outputs.
Therefore, we are not necessarily looking for someone with Power BI experience, we can teach you that, but rather someone who has knowledge and experience of working in the insurance industry with involvement across several business functions. An understanding of the way these functions operate will assist in working with such functions at BRIT to translate their reporting requirements into good solution design and visualisations.
The following attributes would be beneficial to the role of a Business Insight Analyst:
• Experience as a Business Analyst and/or Business Insight Analyst in the insurance industry.
• Experience of using a variety of tools and techniques to engage with technical and non-technical users to elicit, understand and accurately document business requirements.
• The ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements into good solution designs.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Data Modelling, SQL Server databases and reporting visualisation tools is beneficial but not essential
• Good stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to identify differing communication styles and influencing needs and to adapt accordingly.
• Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships across the organisation.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills to elicit requirements and deliver dashboard training.
• Effective time management, ability to manage own workload appropriately.
• Attention to detail with strong analytical capability, including strong problem-solving skills and flexibility of approach.
• Proven ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
• Delivery focused with high levels of motivation, enthusiasm and drive together with strong influencing skills.
• The ability to multi-task and show flexibility when working on several activities simultaneously.
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as being a good team player.
• Good Commercial awareness.
• Essential: The London Insurance Market, ideally Lloyd's