Purpose of the Job:
To support the Actuary in delivering the development, improvement and recalibration of pricing tools across Brit
Group, including Ki. To support the coordination of Group functions in developing and maintaining the pricing
process and in-house pricing platforms. To assist the Group Actuaries in Pricing, Reserving, and Insurance Risk as
• Support the Actuary in development and implementation of pricing tools plans across all classes, in
line with the agreed plans.
• Support the Actuary in ensuring efficient deployment and prioritisation of models into various pricing
• Support the Actuary in coordinating activities across various pricing software platforms: prioritisation
of work requests, understanding business needs and technical requirements.
• Support the Actuary in coordinating model development work within Actuarial and liaising with the
respective software teams.
• Work with underwriting teams to ensure models are appropriate and add value to the risk selection
• Support the development of Technical Pricing MI & Underwriter Toolkit.
• Support class actuaries with model build and recalibration processes as required.
• Support the Pricing team and class actuaries in ad hoc projects as required.
• Engage with overseas offices to ensure pricing tools are appropriate in local territories as required.
• To provide a contribution to the wider Actuarial team via input to pricing, reserving or insurance risk
parameterisation activities and departmental meetings.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• To have commenced the actuarial professional qualification exams and have a willingness to complete
the full qualification.
• Obtained a relevant, numerate degree with a good overall grade and good overall educational passes
at GCSE and A-Level (or equivalent).
• Excellent IT skills, in particular, MS Excel and the wider Office suite. Ability to use R / Python and
other predictive modelling software will be advantageous
The incumbent must also demonstrate the skills and ability:
• To build effective working relationships within the team, across the Actuarial department and across
other internal departments as required.
• To ensure clear and structured verbal and written communication.
• To identify efficiencies and process improvements within tasks assigned.
• To demonstrate a clear understanding of the Actuarial department and the contribution of the
Actuarial Analyst role within it.
• To provide progress updates to management as required, engaging with management to agree
priorities, scope and timescales of tasks.
• To identify any obstacles to the delivery of tasks, problem solving using existing solutions and
escalating any issues to management as required.
• To work with moderate guidance and direction, ensuring delivery of own work to meet deadlines.