This is a key role within the I&D Committee to ensure that Brit not only meets its Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) commitments, aims and objectives, but also that equality, inclusion and diversity supports and enables the pursuit of excellence in all that we do.
To act as the custodian of the Brit I&D Strategic Vision. To generate and implement solutions to inclusion and diversity within the framework of relevant legislation and to ensure the provision of a high standard of advice, support and delivery across the Company on I&D matters. The role is also expected to deliver expert advice and guidance, develop and implement strategic policies, practices and action plans.
• Contribute to setting the direction of, and implementing/delivering of Brit’s Inclusion and Diversity targets
• Plays a role in delivering training and organising events to promote equality, diversity and inclusion to staff as relevant.
• Work with key stakeholders to set inclusion and diversity targets and developing action plans in order to measure progress against targets.
• Work closely with management teams, Committee members, Champions and key stakeholders, assisting with the preparation of papers for the Boards, and Committees as required
• Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on all aspects of Inclusion and Diversity
• Ensure that inclusion and diversity compliance and reporting is in place and operates effectively
• Work across all strands of the Brit People Forum and business service functions to ensure all are aligned on diversity and inclusion matters
• Attend, lead and/or develop meetings relating to the I&D agenda, networking appropriately
• Contribute to the design of our training programmes to ensure that they develop inclusive behaviours for everyone
• Review our diversity and inclusion training on an ongoing basis to ensure it is effective and delivers a message that aligns with Brit’s values
• Coach and build capability within the businesses approach and response to diversity and inclusion plans; anticipating/pre-empting challenges with this
• Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our approach and understanding and communicating areas where further improvement is desirable
• Be an ambassador and thought leader for inclusion and diversity both internally and externally
• Build relationships and form alliances with clients and external counterparts to identify innovations and opportunities to collaborate and bring learning back to the business
• Be a trusted advisor and champion for I&D, applying inclusion and diversity knowledge while demonstrating understanding of the business’ global needs
• Play a lead role in formulating a consistent approach for internal development opportunities.
• Provide training, guidance and support for staff on equality, diversity and inclusion issues, across the Company but also internally within HR.
• Evaluate existing service provision, keeping abreast of feedback and broader external developments to ensure that innovative solutions are proposed to senior management.
• Work with the HR teams to review our recruitment, training and other practices regularly to ensure we attract candidates from a broad range of backgrounds
Decision Making Responsibilities:
Scope to make decisions on detailed aspects of the work subject to consultation with the I&D Committee.Regulatory Conduct Rules:
1. Act with integrity.
2. Act with due skill, care and diligence.
3. Be open and co-operative with Lloyd’s, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators.
4. Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
5. Observe proper standards of market conduct.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
• Preferred - I&D practitioner with experience in setting and implementing strategy demonstrating results from previous roles.
• Preferred - Experience of developing and implementing I&D initiatives in practical and innovative ways, drawing on technology to improve
• A critical thinker with a passion for Inclusion and Diversity
• Current knowledge of Inclusion and Diversity best practices including legislation
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders and to show an aptitude for fostering relationships with all levels of management
• Strong project management, analysis and reporting skills, able to demonstrate delivery of data informed approaches to Inclusion.
• Ability to act as a coach and lead, building skills, knowledge, and capacity within the organisation
• A high level of self-awareness, empathy, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Well-connected externally into I&D networks and communities