Purpose of the Job:
The primary purposes of the job are:
• To be responsible for maintenance and accuracy of positional and transactional data within the
ePAM system (Investment Accounting software) and Investment Data Warehouse.
• To ensure the investment data is accurately recorded in Brit general ledger.
• To maintain PAM, FiMi and IDW investment accounting systems.
• To assist the management of other Investment and Finance related systems, including Finance MI.
• To assist in the monthly preparation and reconciliation of all investment accounting data within all source and reporting systems.
• To assist in the delivery of key tasks within the Fairfax Group consolidated reporting timetable delivering accurate reporting and supplementary schedules primarily via OneStream.
• To assist in the preparation of regulatory reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
• To support investment performance reporting where required.
• To perform the cash matching and custodian reconciliations for all investment portfolios in PAM
• To post the monthly investment accounting journals into the Brit ledger and perform reconciliation to source data.
• To manage the timely and accurate completion of cash postings and bank reconciliations performed by the various entity Finance teams.
• To deliver regulatory reporting (such as QMA, QAD, AAD, BSCR) to relevant bodies.
• To assist in ensuring accurate investment accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP for all investment portfolios is recorded in PAM.
• To maintain an up to date working knowledge of investing practices and regulations.
• To support investment performance reporting when required.
• To perform the necessary assurance and reconciliation work;
• To deliver Group reporting and supplementary schedules to Fairfax accurately and timely;
• To assist with Performance Reporting as required.
• To assist with President Report preparation as required.
• To ensure the timely, complete and accurate delivery of the accounting and reporting data and to understand its content. To work closely with Fairfax to ensure all deliverables are delivered on a
INVESTMENT & FINANCE SYSTEMS
• To actively manage and understand investment related systems such as FiMi, GP and IDW.
• To manage the investment accounting platform (ePAM) ensuring the integrity of its inputs and outputs.
• To assist in managing the portfolio and chart of account structure within PAM, Investment Data Warehouse (IDW), Great Plains and OneStream.
• To perform the load of non-portfolio cash, Lloyd's overseas trust funds and QIAIF funds into PAM and IDW to ensure NAV is 100% accurate and complete.
• To assist with any other duties as required within the Investment Operations Team;
• Involvement in Finance Department and Group ad-hoc projects as required;
• To liaise with the Fairfax Ventures team, Brit Insurance’s internal Investment/Treasury team, Tax
Department, Regulatory reporting team, investment managers/custodians, auditors and Brit
Insurance’s overseas offices as appropriate;
• To identify, suggest, present and implement improvements and/or efficiencies into work practices;
• To assist with maintaining procedures manuals for your areas of responsibility;
• To train other members of the team where required;
• To discharge your duties in respect of any other Financial Controls for your areas of responsibility.
Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Accounting decisions as required by the position (material items to be referred to Investment
Accounting Manager as appropriate).
Regulatory Conduct Rules
1. Act with integrity
2. Act with due skill, care and diligence
3. Be open and co-operative with Lloyd’s, the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators
4. Pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
5. Observe proper standards of market Conduct
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Part qualified AAT advantageous and desire to study towards a Chartered Accountant qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA essential.
• A genuine interest in financial markets essential.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills essential.
• Bloomberg skills desirable.
• Highly driven, ambitious self-starter with high level of personal motivation.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• The ability to work with minimum supervision and on own initiative where necessary
• The ability to work within a team to ensure team deadlines are met.
• The ability to independently prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines particularly during month end periods.
• Discretion and strict confidentiality must be used at all times