Sompo International Holdings Ltd. (Sompo International) is a specialty provider of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, established in March 2017 as the result of the acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. by Sompo Holdings Ltd. (Sompo).
Sompo's core business encompasses one of the largest property and casualty insurance groups in the Japanese domestic market. In addition, Sompo is engaged in the provision of insurance services as well as other related services through its global network of businesses operating in 32 countries around the world.
Sompo International is the international operation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Sompo, which trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Through our operating subsidiaries, Sompo International underwrites agriculture, professional lines, property, marine and energy, and casualty and other specialty lines of insurance and catastrophe, property, casualty, professional lines, weather risk and specialty lines of reinsurance.
As a leading global provider of insurance and reinsurance, we recognize that our success is derived directly from those who matter most: our people. Sompo International’s headquarters is in Bermuda and we currently have offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Asia. At Sompo International, a shared commitment to integrity, teamwork, agility, execution, and excellence define our culture, and we strive to create exceptional value for our clients and shareholders and maintain Sompo International as a desirable place to work.
We are seeking an Technical Assistant within our Energy team for our London office.
• Supporting Underwriting team in day to day handling of the Energy book, at times may be required to support other business lines such as Aviation and Marine.
• Preparing information for Underwriting purposes, specifically regarding account pricing, engineering overviews and account performance analysis
• Coordinating RMS modelling with exposure analysis team
• Preparing Analysis Sheets with basic account information
• Performing market research and client information
• Compliance with and evidencing of conduct risk requirements, including PBQA
• Reporting and tracking of outstanding audit / compliance requirements and liaising with internal audit
• Bound premium monitoring through the daybook, Power BI and Guidewire
• Xchanging month end calls
• Ad-hoc tasks & projects Programme/Tools Used
• PowerBI and Guidewire
• Front Sheets
• Guidewire / Account Log
• F Drive / Imageright
• RMS / Cat team
• Fac log
• Change Report
Desired Skills & Experience
• Relevant experience within Insurance Industry
• Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team-oriented approach
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Numerate and an eye for detail
• Ability to organise efficiently
• Comprehensive computer skills, including Microsoft Office Excel etc.
Sompo International is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.